97th Street Chicken Pie
– 1 Rotisserie Chicken, skin removed and chopped
– 1 Tbsp Oil + 1 Tbsp Butter
– 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
– 2 c. Carrots, sliced
– 1 c. Celery, sliced
– 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
– 1 c. Chicken Bone Broth
Corn Starch Slurry: ~50 ml Bone Broth + 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
– 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
– 1 Tbsp Sugar
– 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
– 1 tsp. Salt
– 4 Tbsp Butter
– 1/4 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
– 2-3 Tbsp Each: Fresh Thyme, and Fresh Rosemary chopped
– 3/4 c. Buttermilk (may need more)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large cast iron pan over medium heat add the olive oil and butter, fry the onions, carrots, and celery until soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for another two minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the corn starch slurry, and mix well. Bring to a simmer for about five minutes. Finally, add the corn starch slurry and let the dish sit while you prepare the biscuits.
4. In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients for the biscuits. Add in the buttermilk and combine to form the biscuit dough. Form 8 equal sized balls of biscuit dough and place on top of the chicken mixture. Transfer to the over.
5. Bake for around 20-25 minutes. At about the 12-15 minute mark, coat the biscuits with a light brush of buttermilk. Remove when the biscuits are looking golden brown on top.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.