Beyond Rx Salad
– 1 Can Chickpeas, rinsed
– 1/2 c. BBQ Sauce (your choice)
– 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
– 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce, sliced
– 1/4 Head Red Cabbage, sliced
– 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
– 2 Large Bulk Carrots, grated
– Cilantro, diced fine
– Green onion, sliced
– 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
– 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
– Zest of 1/2 of one lemon
– Juice of 1/2 of one lemon
– 1 tsp of Tahini
1. Prepare dressing in a small mason jar. Mix together ingredients, lightly shake and set aside.
2. In a small to medium pot over medium heat, combine the oil and chickpeas. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add BBQ sauce and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Combine all vegetables, the warm chickpeas, and dressing together. Mix well.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.