Dad’s Creamy Apple Quinoa Bowl
– 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
– 1 ½ c. Quinoa
– 2 c. Vegetable Broth
– Chopped Veggies: Bell Pepper, Matchstick Carrots, Cucumber, Spinach, Broccoli
– ½ c. Feta Cheese
– 1 Apple (Pink Lady)
– ½ c. Pecans
– ¼ c. Mayonnaise
– ¼ c. Plain Greek Yogurt
– 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
– 2 Tbsp Apple Juice
– 1 Tbsp Honey
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
– ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
– Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large cast-iron pan, over medium heat, brown both sides of the chicken breast for about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper or any other desired seasoning. Transfer to the oven for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. If you would like a different protein source consider trying shrimp or salmon in this bowl.
3. In a small saucepan/pot cook quinoa with vegetable broth according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork when finished.
4. In a small bowl combine all of the Creamy Apple Dressing ingredients. Transfer to a condiment container.
5. While the chicken and quinoa are cooking prepare all toppings. Feel free to get creative and use other items like cranberries, other veggies, tofu, edamame, etc.
6. Assemble bowls with all ingredients or store in containers for meal prep. Keep pecans and dressing in separate containers if doing this recipe for meal prep!
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.