Dal’s Sweet Sweet Chili
This chicken was so good & crispy. Featuring a cool arugula salad as well.
– 800-900 g Extra Lean Ground Chicken Breasts
– 2 Stalks Celery, diced
– 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
– 1/2 Red Onion, diced
– 4 Roasted Red Peppers (from jar)
– 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
– 1/2 Pkg Mushrooms, quartered
– 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
– 1x 398 ml Can Diced Tomatoes
– 1x 398 ml Can Pinto Beans
– 400 ml Passata (can use Tomato Sauce)
– 1x 156 ml Tomato Paste (small tin)
– 500 ml Chicken Bone Broth
– 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1Tbsp White Vinegar
– Lots of LOVE (main ingredient)
– 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
– 1 Tbsp Coriander
– 2 tsp each of Cumin, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Sugar
– 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, sugar and oregano
– 1/4 tsp each of Cayenne pepper, and cinnamon
1. In a large Cast Iron Pot (or regular soup/chili pot) over medium heat, add the oil, onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until getting fairly soft.
2. Add the garlic briefly before adding in the raw chicken. Cook the chicken down until about 80% cooked through.
3. Combine the Chili Szn ingredients and pour over meat and veggies.
4. Add in all remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Cook on a low simmer for about 60-90 minutes. It requires LOVE, cook slow! You can also toss this one in a slow cooker on low, for about 4-5 hours.
6. Possible toppings: cilantro/green onions/sour cream/ avocado/cheddar cheese. Sides: Dal’s Jalapeno Corn Bread.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.