Greeky Chicken Pitas
– 600 g (3) Medium Chicken Breasts, cubed
– 6 Small or Medium Pitas
– 1 Red Onion, chopped to similar size of chicken chunks
– 1/2 Cucumber, diced
– 1 Large Tomato, diced
– 1/2 C. Feta Cheese, crumbled
– 1 C. 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
– Roasted Red Pepper Dip/Sauce
– 1 Lemon
– 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
– 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
– 0.5 Tbsp Fresh or Dried Thyme
– Olive Oil
– Salt & Pepper
*Soak skewers in water for 15-20 minutes before making recipe (while preparing everything)
1. Preheat barbecue to medium heat or oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the Chicken, the zest of 1/2 the Lemon, juice of 1/2 the Lemon, Oregano, Thyme, Salt, Pepper, and about 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Mix well so seasoning is even on each chunk. On skewers alternate placing 1-2 chunks of red onion with a cube of chicken. Cook on BBQ or in Oven for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
3. In a small bowl combine the Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Feta Cheese. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl make the homemade Tzatziki by combining the Plain Greek Yogurt, the other half of the lemon’s zest and juice, about 3 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro (shredded or diced) or more if desired, with some salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Assembly: Cut Pitas in half, fill inside with the Tzatziki and some Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, chicken & red onion chunks, and top with the cucumber, tomato, and feta mixture.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.