Italian Stallion Bake
– 1 Medium to Large Spaghetti Squash
– 1.5 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
– 1 Large Onion, diced
– 1 c. Carrots, diced
– 1 c. Celery, diced
– 1.5 Tbsp Garlice, minced
– 3/4 c. Red Wine
– 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
– 1 c. Crushed Canned Tomatoes
– 1 small tin Tomato Paste
– 3/4 c. Egg Whites
– 3 Bay Leaves
– 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped fine
– 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
– 1 tsp. White Sugar
– 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
– Optional: Shredded Parmesan
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Spaghetti squash by cutting it in half, scrape out seeds, lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place each half upside down on a lined baking sheet. Cook for about 40-50 minutes, or until you are able to easily scrape out the “noodles.” Quick tip: I use a tongs to scrape it out while it is still hot and transfer it to another dish so I don’t burn my hands.
2. Heat 2 large pans over medium heat.
3. In pan one fry ground beef until cooked through.
4. In the other pan add a small amount of olive oil, the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until translucent (about 7 minutes).
5. Add the garlic, bay leaves, and 3/4 cup of wine and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes until alcohol cooks off and some of the liquid evaporates.
6. Add in the tomatoes, canned crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, seasonings and let simmer all together on reduced heat for about 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Taste to see if you want to add salt/pepper.
7. Add the beef in to add flavours together.
8. In a large glass baking dish combine the spaghetti squash noodles and sauce mixture until evenly mixed. Pour the 3/4 cup of egg whites over the mixture and make sure it is mixed in thoroughly (not just sitting on top).
9. Bake covered for 45 minutes and then uncovered for another 5-10 minutes to brown on the top.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.