La Air Fryer Calzona
Makes 2 medium calzones:
– 1 c. All Purpose Flour
– 1 Tbsp Sugar
– 1 tsp Baking Powder
– around 1/4 tsp Salt
– 1 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
-Small amount of milk for coating the dough during frying
– Meat options could include things like pepperoni, salami, sausage (anything you would like on pizza)
– Marinara sauce (from jar)
– Veggies (mushrooms, spinach, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
– Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, feta, or ricotta)
– Fresh herbs (basil, oregano, etc.)
For this recipe we used pepperoni, marinara, mushrooms, onion, ricotta, and fresh oregano.
1. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients for Da Dough. Then, add the Greek Yogurt. Form into dough adding a bit of extra flour as needed. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cut the dough in half. Flour a surface and roll out half of Da Dough to form one of the calzones.
3. Add desired filling and fold Da Dough over. With a fork lightly seal the edges like a pizza pop. Cut 3 light slits in the top to release some air. Make sure they aren’t too big to lose the filling when you flip it over half way.
4. Transfer to the Air Fryer and lightly coat the top with milk before starting. Air Fry for around 7-8 minutes, until you see it getting slightly golden brown. Flip it over and repeat this same process on the other side.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the other calzone.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.