– 4-6 Small-to-medium Sized Sweet Potato/Yams
– 1 Large Chuck Roast (Ask the meat counter what would be best for pulled beef if no chuck roast available)
– 1 Green Pepper, sliced
– 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
– 1 c. Fresh Bulk Carrots, sliced
– Fresh Cilantro, chopped fine
Sloppy Jane Sauce
– 2 c. Passata (Tomato puree, found near other canned tomato products)
– 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
– 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
– 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
– 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
– 1 tsp Dry Mustard
– 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
– 1-2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
– 1/4 tsp each: salt & pepper
Lime Sour Cream:
– 1.5 c. Sour Cream (regular or light)
– Zest of 1 lime
– Juice of 1/2 the lime (make wedges out of the other half)
1. In a slow cooker, add the carrots, green peppers, and onions on the bottom. Add the roast on top of the raw veggies. Top beef with the Sloppy Jane Sauce. Set on low for 6-8 hours.
2. With 1 hour left on the slow-cooker, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Wash sweet potatoes under cold water and pat dry. Pierce each sweet potato multiple times with the prongs of a fork. Lightly oil each sweet potato or spray with oil spray. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you can easily cut in half with a knife.
4. In a small bowl make the lime sour cream. If desired transfer to a condiment container for even spreading.
5. When the beef is near complete, shred it apart for shredded beef. Mix in with the Sloppy Jane Sauce and it will be ready to serve.
5. Plate: Sweet potato sliced down the middle, topped with the pulled beef mixture, top with lime sour cream and fresh cilantro if desired.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.