Sticky Orange Stir Fry
– 3 Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
– Cooked Rice
– 3 c. Broccoli, bite sized
– 2 c. White Mushrooms, sliced
– 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
– 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
– 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced
– 1 Tbsp Flour
– 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
– 1 Navel Orange, Juiced
– 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
– Salt & Pepper
– Sesame Seeds
1. In a large frying pan, over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and ginger. Fry for around 1-2 minutes, mixing frequently to prevent burning.
2. Add in the sliced chicken breast and fry until about 90% pink free.
3. Add in around one Tablespoon of flour evenly throughout the chicken and stir in well. Once you can’t see any dry flour, add in the juice of a navel orange along with the maple syrup and rice wine vinegar. Cook for around 4-5 more minutes mixing frequently. Temporarily transfer the chicken to another dish.
4. In the same pan add in the broccoli and mushrooms. Add a generous amount of salt in to draw out some moisture. Also add in about 2 Tbsp of sesame oil to the vegetables.
5. Once the vegetables are softened to eat, add the chicken mixture back in and combine well for about another minute so the vegetables can get some of the orange sauce flavouring.
6. Remove from heat and serve over rice with sesame seeds on top.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.