The Frickin’ Frittata
– 6 Whole Eggs
– 1.5 C. Egg Whites
– 1 Large Fire Roasted Sweet Red Pepper (In Jar)
– 4-5 Marinated Sundried Tomatoes (In Jar)
– 1/2 to 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
– Goat Cheese
– Dried Basil
– Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use a seasoned cast iron skillet. Warm it up stove top over medium heat. Add oil or butter and make sure it is well coated as the eggs will stick terribly if not properly oiled. Add mushrooms and cook until starting to brown.
3. Add the roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and spread out evenly. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Add to the cast iron to cook for around 3 minutes until ready to transfer to the oven.
5. Add small dollops of goat cheese, spread evenly around the dish. Lightly season with basil, salt, and pepper.
6. Transfer to the oven and cook for ~7 minutes or until egg bake looks firm and ready to eat!
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.