The Golden Chicken
This chicken was so good & crispy. Featuring a cool arugula salad as well.
– 1 Pckg of 10-12 small Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
– 1 Can Coconut Milk
– 2 Tbsp Honey
– Zest & juice of 1 lime
– 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
– 1 tsp. Minced or Puree Ginger
– 1 Tbsp Paprika
– 1/2 Tbsp each of: Chili powder, Coriander, Cumin, Tumeric, Garam Masala
– Salt & Pepper
– 1/2 a Small Pkg of Arugula ( About 4 Handfuls)
– 1 Roasted Sweet Potato
– 1/2 Lemon, juiced
– 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 2-3 Tbsp Feta Cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Poke holes in the sweet potato and rub with oil. Place in the center of the oven to cook for about 50-60 minutes. When complete you should be able to easily cut down the centre of the potato and it falls apart.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the Marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and mix until evenly coated. Let them sit in this bowl for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to the Air Fryer (this is what I did), or to a lined baking dish to the oven. Cook chicken for about 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. In my Air Fryer I had to do them in 2 batches. If you are using an Air Fryer, do not add the extra liquids over top before cooking as there is not supposed to be a lot of liquids in the foods cooked.
4. With the Sweet Potato & Chicken close to completion, add the Arugula, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice to a medium sized bowl and massage with your hands to make sure it is mixed evenly. Spread it out along a serving bowl. Crumble the feta over top.
5. When the sweet potato is done, cut it down the middle and spoon out over the Arugula salad. If you have a large sweet potato, just use the amount you want in the salad and save the rest.
6. Place the Chicken over the salad and serve.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.