The Un-Beetable Burger
– 600-800 grams of Extra Lean Ground Beef
– 1 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
– 1 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
– 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
– 1 tsp Dried Parsley
– 1/4-1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt
– 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
– Cracked Blacked Pepper
– 2 Cups Beets, Roasted and Grated
– 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
– 1/4 c. White Sugar
– 1 Tbsp Ginger, pureed
– 1 tsp Salt
– 1/4- 1/2 tsp Allspice
– Cracked Black Pepper
– 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
– 2-3 Tbsp warm water
– Havarti Cheese or Feta Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel skin off of about 4 small beets. Poke a few holes in each one and lightly goat with olive oil. Roast in the centre of the oven for around 45-60 minutes until the beets become fairly easy to poke through with a fork. Let cool and then grate on a cheese grater.
3. In a saucepan, over medium heat, fry onions in oil until softened and starting to carmelize. Around 10 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning the onions.
4. Add the remaining ingredients of the relish and let it cook down until some of the liquid evaporates. Make the cornstarch slurry by combining corn starch and water, and pour into the relish. Let it cook in for a few minutes. Remove the relish from the heat and let cool. Store in your fridge for a few days or longer if you are able to can it (I didn’t can it).
5. Combine the burger ingredients and form 6 equal sized patties.
6. Grill burgers over medium heat until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
7. Assemble burgers with the bun, burger, cheese, and relish.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.