Tough Dude Tacos
– 6 Medium or 8 Small Sweet Potatoes (I chose very small ones for single portions).
– 1 Package Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
– 1 Package Mixed Turkey Breast (Brown and White meats)
– 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
– 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
– 1 Field House Tomato, chopped
– 1 Small Container Regular or Light Sour Cream
– 3 Tbsp Cilantro, diced extremely fine
– Zest & Juice of 1 Lime
-2 Tbsp Chili Powder
-1/4 tsp each of: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Coriander, Paprika, White Sugar, Salt, Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash sweet potatoes under cold water. Poke holes along all sides of each sweet potatoes and spray with oil to coat. Place in a glass baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes until sweet potatoes can easily be cut down the middle.
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook turkey breast until mostly cooked through. Add in taco seasoning, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes and cook together until ready for assembly.
4. In a small bowl combine 4-5 Tbsp of sour cream, the zest and juice of the lime, the extra fine cilantro, and some salt/pepper. I transferred this to a zip lock bag and cut one of the corners to add it to a squeeze container to use for the next 2-3 days once placed in the fridge.
5. Assembly taco mix into the sweet potatoes and top with the cilantro lime sour cream.
Want To Up Your Nutrition Game?
We have a customized nutrition program that will take your food & fitness to the next level. You will get to enjoy plenty more of these recipes, but with tailored structure to meet your goals.